Umbria in December
Where in November we were talking about new olive oil and truffles at the moment Umbrians are visiting the Christmas fairs. A small collection from our previous twitter feeds:
• Gubbio Chistmas tree (the biggest in the world).
• Christmas market in Castel Rigone every weekend before Christmas from 14.30 to 19.00 hrs in the city centre.
• Market and show of handcrafted amazonian objects daily up to 11 January in the Oasi di Sant’Antonio, Via canali n.14, Perugia. Free entry.
• Perugia Christmas market, every day from 10 to 20 hrs in Piazza del Circo. Many stands with locally produced goods and lot’s of gift ideas.
• Expo Regalo (gift tradeshow) from 5-13 December in the Fiere di Bastia Umbra. Weekdays 15-23 hrs, weekends 10-23 hrs. Free entry.
• Christmas market from 29/11 to 6/1 (2010) in Piazza del Comune, Passignano sul Trasimeno. Many gift ideas and locally produced items.
There are many more markets but just to give you an idea.
Furthermore there is the Umbria Gospel Festival, Soul Christmas which is held in all small places around Lake Trasimeno.
Let us not forget the Umbria Winter Jazz Festival held in Orvieto from the 30th of December till the 1st of January. Some great artist including John Scofield, Larry Golding, Joey Baron, John Patitucci and many more.
Till the end of December there is still the Terni Jazz Festival, Terni in Jazz
If you are to visit Umbria don’t trip over the many ‘Presepi’, christmas stalls. They come in all shapes and sizes.
So enjoy Umbria also in December!